Friday, May 16, 2008

I've never felt whiter

Yay sent me a link to Stuff White People Like, another wonderful blog:

#99 Grammar

It's a perfect description of me. That's not necessarily a good thing. But in my defence, it's my job to be like this...

This paragraph is particularly accurate:

"Another important thing to know is that when white people read magazines and books they are always looking for grammar and spelling mistakes. In fact, one of the greatest joys a white person can experience is to catch a grammar mistake in a major publication. Finding one allows a white person to believe that they are better than the writer and the publication since they would have caught the mistake. The more respected the publication, the greater the thrill. If a white person were to catch a mistake in The New Yorker, it would be a sufficient reason for a large party."

Endearing, no?

No comments: