Saturday, August 2, 2008

Follow the day, and reach for the sun

I've liked The Polyphonic Spree* for ages - beautiful, fun, uplifting music, full of energy. But for some reason I've never gotten around to buying any of their albums.

Last weekend I saw their latest clip on Rage:



I thought, "Right, that's it - I must own this music!" So I got their 3 albums during the week, and have had them on high rotation ever since.

Seriously, how could anyone resist this song?



You probably recognise it from TV, movies, and ads - specifically, it was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Murderball (ooh I love this doco), and an episode of Scrubs (with the band appearing too):



Anyway, I really should get to the point of this post. Yesterday, while listening to their music and procrastinating online, I thought it'd be good to find out when they're touring Australia. Based on their clips, this is a band that can be best appreciated live. So I explored their website, and to my dismay I found that they're currently in Australia, and they played the Metro in Sydney on the Tuesday night just gone! Aaaaaagh!! I'm SPEWING.

Can't believe how bad my timing is. I'm usually very much in the know about which bands are touring, etc. I get various email updates from places like The Vanguard. Now I'll have to get on the mailing lists for the Metro and the Enmore Theatre to ensure I don't miss any other brilliant bands.

In the meantime, I'll keep listening to The Polyphonic Spree, whose songs have the power to turn my frown upside down! (Heh.)

*The Polyphonic Spree is a 23-member "choral symphonic rock" group. They started out wearing white robes, then coloured robes, and have recently changed their look to black army outfits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck on long case! :)