- I have lots of relos down that way
- It's near the beach
- I went to Wollongong Uni for four years (in the mid-90s), so I'm familiar with the area
- It's not too far from friends and family in The Shire.
- It's too far from friends and inner-city lifestyle in the inner west
- It's not in Sydney
- I have to move house, and a considerable distance.
It seems like people either got their first choice or their 7th/8th/9th choice. I've heard of a few in-between, but they're the minority. So much for IMET telling us that everyone gets within their top 4 or 5! On average, maybe.
In other news, I've just finished my week of holidays. I had grand plans for the holidays - especially working on my photography. Unfortunately I got the (most likely, swine) flu last weekend, so that ruined it. I had no energy and was very unwell, especially earlier in the week. I seem to have come good now, but my throat's still not 100%.
So it's back to uni tomorrow, and I feel like I've hardly had a break at all. I'm doing Paediatrics, and I really wish I had more energy before starting this block.
Also, I recently agreed to take on the role of Yearbook Editor for our class. This may prove to be a very unwise move - I always over-commit and end up stressed out. Although it certainly is a good role for me - project management, editing, proofreading. It'll really test my powers of delegation! (And I'm very happy to have Liz helping me out...)