Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Let's start with the bad news.

As some of my readers know, I had a bit of a setback with my exam results, which means that instead of being on holidays with my med mates from 22 November, I have to keep studying for the supplementary Barrier exam (to be held on 13 and 14 December). [If I fail, I have to repeat second year, so obviously I have plenty to motivate me.] Very upsetting - I cried for a day, but then I gave myself a stern talking-to and started studying again.

That meant I had to put my grand plans of finding a place to live on the backburner. I can't spare the time to research online, and then inspect units all day Saturday (and other days), and then pack up and move out. I was resigned to living here until early next year, when I'll have time to look again.

Time for some good news.

Enter my knight in shining armour, otherwise known as my sister's fiancé. He lives with my sister in London, and he recently bought a house in the inner west with his best mate. His mate is moving in, and is looking for a housemate.

That's where I come in! The rent is great, the location is great, and it's a house - not a bloody unit. Yay!!

And I'm also very excited because my new housemate has a dog! I haven't had a dog since my beautiful Snowy died over 10 years ago.

So now I need to focus on these exams, then move into the new place a week later - just before Christmas. Looking forward to celebratory Christmas drinks...

No comments: