Sunday, April 6, 2008

Childhood memories

I bought this t-shirt from Glarkware.



It's been fun to see who actually gets it - I can separate the groups into 'were allowed to watch Sesame Street' and 'were not allowed to watch Sesame Street'.

I loved (and still love) that show. We always watched Sesame Street and Play School, one after the other - so we had brilliant children's TV, plus a balance of American and Australian content.

The pinball song by the Pointer Sisters is one of my favourites - hence why I bought the t-shirt.



But my favourite counting song of all is the Ladybugs' Picnic...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't be allowed to watch Sesame St??? that's how i learned to read!

KT said...

I know, it's crazy! I know people who weren't allowed to watch it because it was American - for example, parents didn't want their kids to learn to say "zee" instead of "zed". Seriously.